Used Hitachi Unified Storage: HUS-VM
Warranty: Up to 3 Years
Need Maintenance & Support On This Equipment?
We offer a full range of maintenance and support on HP storage systems. Find out more about our maintenance services.
Hitachi Unified Storage: HUS-VM
Spectra buys and sells used and refurbished Hitachi Unified Storage Systems, expansion shelves, disks, and repair parts. We custom-configure every system to your specification and sell only fully tested, proven equipment that we are proud to stand behind. We offer an industry-leading unconditional 90 day guarantee, as well maintenance and support options that can be tailored to your needs.
SPECTRA maintenance options on Hitachi HUS-VM offer a significant savings, often beating manufacturer prices by 40% or more.
Contact us today and see how we can make a difference for you!
Hitachi redefines unified storage with used Hitachi HUS-VM. With trusted Hitachi reliability, it helps you meet application availability requirements and performance requirements with lower investment. You will be able to deploy storage for all data types and easily grow to meet expanding requirements and service level objectives for critical business applications. Hitachi Unified Storage simplifies operations with easy-to-use management and is part of a robust portfolio of storage solutions that can be managed from a single interface for optimal management efficiency.
Features and benefits
- Comprehensive and integrated management for block, file and object data.
- High-density storage, which reduces foot print and energy costs
- Automated data management with dynamic provisioning, dynamic load balancing, and auto-tiering.
- Scale capacity, performance, file systems and volumes further.
- Auto tiering and migration of data.
- Thin provisioning.
- Consolidate all files systems under a single namespace.
- Scale LUNs to 128TB and file systems to 256TB.
- Create up to 1,024 writeable snapshots per LUN and per file system.
- Copy all data remotely.
- 99.999% data availability and no single point of failure.
- Up to 32 data paths with 19,200MB/sec of total backend system bandwidth.
- High-density disk trays.
- Wide striping of data across multiple RAID groups.
- Flexibly provision capacity to block LUNs and file volumes as needed.
- Grow capacity of existing pools without reducing performance.
- Get optimized price performance.
- Scale performance linearly as capacity is added.
- Maximize access time to data.
- Improve storage utilization rates.
- Simplify storage management.
- Reduce energy and facilities costs.
- Meet service level objectives.
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra is your global source for used and refurbished Hitachi storage systems!
|Host port options (per block module)||48 Fibre Channel|
|Host interfaces||Fibre Channel: 8Gbps|
|Fibre bandwidth to host||38,400MB/sec|
|Hosts per FC port||256|
|Hosts per iSCSI port||N/A|
|Queue depth per FC port||2048|
|Queue depth per iSCSI port||N/A|
|Host storage domains||Yes|
|Protocols||CIFS, NFS, FTP|
|1Gb/sec Client Ports||6|
|10Gb/sec Client Ports||2|
|Max. Number Concurrent NFS and/or CIFS Clients||30,000|
|Max. Number Concurrent FTP Clients||100|
|Operating System Support|
|Oracle Enterprise Linux||Yes|
|Minimum-maximum number of drives (including spares)||0 – 1,152 SFF
0 – 1,152 LFF
|Max number of SSDs||128|
|Maximum raw capacity||3,456TB (3TB, 7200RPM, SAS)
1,036TB (900GB, 10K RPM, SAS)
64PB – including internal and
external virtualized capacity
|Solid state disk options||400GB, MLC, 2.5 in., SAS|
|Hard disk drive options||300GB SAS (15K RPM, 2.5 in.)
600GB SAS (10K RPM, 2.5 in.)
900GB SAS (10K RPM, 2.5 in.)
3TB SAS (7200 RPM, 3.5 in.)
|Maximum standard disk expansion trays (2U, 24 x 2.5 in. disks)||48|
|Maximum standard disk expansion trays (2U, 12 x 3.5 in. disks)||24|
|Maximum dense expansion trays (4U, 48 x 3.5 in.disks)||24|
|Maximum ultra dense expansion trays (5U, 84 x 3.5 in.disks)||0|
|Number of controller cards||2 (virtual storage controllers)|
|Architecture||Hierarchical Star Network|
|Height/Width/Depth||5U, 8.5″ (217mm) x 19.0″ (480mm) x 33″ (838mm)|
|Weight with disks installed||156 lbs. (71kg)|
|Internal drive slots||N/A|
|Mirrored Data Cache||256GB|
|Backend SAS links (6Gbps)||32|
|Model upgrade options with data in place||N/A|
|Supported File Modules||M1, M2|
|Nodes per Cluster||M1: 1 – 2
M2: 1 – 4
|Random I/O (estimate)||M1: 40,137
|Throughput (MB/sec||M1: 700
|Height/Width/Depth||3U, 5.1″ (130mm)/
17.2″ (437mm)/27″ (685mm)
|Weight||55 lbs. (25kg)|
|Main Board Memory||32GB (2GB NVRAM)|
|Number of VLANs||256|
|Storage Interconnect Ports||4 x 4Gbps Fibre Channel|
|Clustering Interconnect Ports||2 x 10Gbps Ethernet|
All Spectra provided Hitachi storage products are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered by Hitachi
- Configured to exact User specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 Hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 Day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palletized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & paypal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.