Dell Powervault MD3860 Storage Array
Part #: Powervault MD3860
Price: Contact Us
Warranty: 90 Days
Need Maintenance & Support On This Equipment?
We offer a full range of maintenance and support on Dell Powervault storage systems. Find out more about our maintenance services.
Dell Powervault MD3860 Storage Array
The Dell™ PowerVault™ MD3 series introduces the next generation of affordable storage. Whether you need to consolidate your storage, support the demands of data intensive applications or optimize your virtual environments, the MD3 series has been designed to meet your growing business needs. The versatility of the MD3 series lets you decide the protocol, supports a wide range of drive types, and has many optional premium software features that you can add as you choose.
- Improved performance: Get up to 2x performance with the new 16Gb FC array*
- Controller options: Have 16GB total cache* for maximized throughput
- Dynamic Disk Pools: Improved DDP functionality that supports 20 disk pools, and can support up to 120 SSDs
- Multi-protocol connectivity from the host: Get 16Gb FC and 12Gb SAS connectivity
- Thin Provisioning: Allows allocating and consuming physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools
- SSD Cache: Increases execution speed of applications by caching previously read data (available with High Performance tier only)
- vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) support: Allows integration of array commands with VMware in the host environment
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra is your global source for used and refurbished Dell storage systems!
|Number of drives/form factor:||MD3800f/MD3800i/MD3600f/MD3600i/MD3400/MD3200i/MD3200: 12/2U|
|Drive types:||SAS, NL-SAS and SSD drives|
|3.5” drive options:||15K RPM SAS: 300GB and 600GB2|
7.2K RPM NL-SAS: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB
SSDs: 200GB and 400GB; read-intensive SSDs: 800GB and 1.6TB (available with 3.5” HDD carriers)
|2.5” drive options:||15K RPM SAS: 146GB and 300GB|
10K RPM SAS: 300GB, 600GB, 900GB and 1.2TB
7.2K RPM NL-SAS: 500GB and 1TB
SSDs: 200GB and 400GB; read-intensive SSDs: 800GB and 1.6TB
|Expansion Capabilities:||Up to 192 drives using MD1200 and/or MD1220 expansion enclosures: MD3820f/MD3800f/MD3820i/MD3800i/MD3620f/MD3600f/MD3620i/MD3600i/|
Up to 180 drives using MD3060e dense enclosures: MD3860f/MD3860i/MD3660f/MD3660i/MD3460/MD3260i/MD3260
|RAID levels:||Support for RAID levels 0, 1, 10, 5, 6; Up to 180/1923 physical disks per group in RAID 0, 1, 10;|
Up to 30 physical disks per group in RAID 5, 6; Up to 512 virtual disks; DDP6
|Dynamic Disk Pools:||DDP available on all models, can be used with or without RAID|
|OS support:||Microsoft® Windows®, VMware®, Microsoft Hyper-V®, Citrix® XenServer®, Red Hat® and SUSE®|
All Spectra provided Dell storage products are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered numbered by Dell
- Configured to exact user specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palatalized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & PayPal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.