Nexus 7000 F2-Series 48-Port 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet Module
Part #: Cisco Nexus 7000 F2-48
Price: Contact Us
Warranty: 90 Days
Nexus 7000 F2-Series 48-Port 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet Module
The Cisco Nexus 7000 48-Port Module offers outstanding flexibility and wire-rate performance on each port. The module enables the deployment of high-density, low-latency, scalable data center architectures.
The Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches provide the foundation of the Cisco® Unified Fabric. They are a modular data center-class product line designed for highly scalable 10 Gigabit Ethernet networks. The fabric architecture scales beyond 15 terabits per second (Tbps), designed to support future 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. To meet the requirements of the most mission-critical network environments, the switches deliver continuous system operations and virtualized services. The Cisco Nexus 7000 Series is powered by the proven Cisco NX-OS Software operating system, with enhanced features to deliver real-time system upgrades with exceptional manageability and serviceability. Its innovative unified fabric design is purpose built to support consolidation of IP and storage networks on a single lossless Ethernet fabric.
The Cisco Nexus 7000 F2-Series Module (Figure 1) is a low-latency, high-performance, high-density 10 Gigabit Ethernet module designed for mission-critical data center networks. Up to 768 wire-rate 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports are supported in a single system through the use of the Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch chassis, providing the highest-density of wire-rate 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the market (Table 1).
The Cisco Nexus 7000 F2-Series Module is built with switch-on-chip (SoC) architecture, in which a single ASIC implements all the module functions: from ingress buffering, to forwarding lookups and access control lists (ACLs) and quality-of-service (QoS) tables, to fabric interfaces and virtual output queuing (VOQ). Each SoC manages four front-panel interfaces. This type of design increases performance while lowering the power and cooling requirements of the module.
Powered by the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2-Series SoC architecture, the module delivers 720 million packets per second (mpps) of distributed Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding and up to 480 Gbps of data throughput. A Cisco Nexus 7000 18-Slot Switch fully populated with the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2-Series Module has the capability to deliver up to 11.5 billion packets per second and 15.4 terabits per second (Tbps) of switching performance, with a typical power consumption of around 7.5 watts (W) per port.
The module protects investments with standards-based 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) features, and virtual machine-awareness features that allow IT departments to consolidate networks based on their own unique requirements and timing. Each port can also be used at 1 Gigabit Ethernet speed, allowing IT departments to migrate to 10 Gigabit Ethernet based on the specific needs of their networks.
With the Cisco Nexus 7000 F-Series module, FCoE can be deployed in director-class modular platforms for the access and core of converged networks. In addition to FCoE host and target support, the module provides VE-port support, allowing creating of FCoE Inter-Switch Links (ISLs) and enabling scalable, multi-hop FCoE topologies. The FCoE traffic in a Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch can be segmented using a dedicated storage virtual device context (VDC), providing isolation within the shared physical infrastructure. Cisco Nexus 7000 Series FCoE converged networks can be transparently bridged to Cisco® MDS 9500 Series Fibre Channel SANs with the Cisco MDS 10-Gbps 8-Port FCoE Module. This capability preserves existing and continued investments in Fibre Channel SANs and offers a single unified OS (Cisco NX-OS Software) and management platform (Cisco Data Center Network Manager [DCNM]) for both the LAN and SAN.
The comprehensive feature set of the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2-Series Module includes classic Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding, with the feature richness offered by Cisco NX-OS Software: a modular multitasking and multithreaded operating system built with high availability, granular fault management, resiliency, and nondisruptive serviceability at its foundation. This extremely comprehensive set of Layer 2 and Layer 3 functions makes this module ideal for data center networks, where density, performance, and continuous system operation are critical.
Besides the classic Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding capability, the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2-Series Module delivers Cisco FabricPath technology based on IETF TRILL. Cisco FabricPath consists of a set of multipath Ethernet technologies, combining the reliability and scalability benefits of Layer 3 routing with the flexibility and “plug-and-play” aspects of Layer 2 Ethernet networks.
With Cisco FabricPath, organizations can now build resilient, flexible, and, when needed, massively scalable Layer 2 networks, no longer relying on Spanning Tree Protocol and its inherent bisectional bandwidth limitations. Cisco FabricPath protects enterprises’ investments by allowing existing Ethernet infrastructure to be connected to a Cisco FabricPath network. Enhanced virtual PortChannel (vPC+) technology is part of Cisco FabricPath and allows the redundant interconnection of classic Spanning Tree Protocol-based Layer 2 environments.
- Operational simplicity: Cisco FabricPath embeds an autodiscovery mechanism that does not require any additional platform configuration. By offering Layer 2 connectivity, this “VLAN anywhere” characteristic simplifies provisioning and offers workload flexibility across the network.
- High resiliency and performance: Since Cisco FabricPath is a Layer 2 routed protocol, it offers stability, scalability, and optimized resiliency along with network failure containment.
- Massively scalable fabric: By building a forwarding model on 16-way equal-cost multipath (ECMP), Cisco FabricPath helps prevent bandwidth bottlenecks and allows capacity to be added dynamically, without network disruption.
The Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders comprise a category of data center products that provide a server-access platform that scales across a multitude of 1 Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, unified fabric, rack, and blade server environments. The Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders are designed to simplify data center architecture and operations by dramatically reducing the points of management and by meeting the business and application needs of a data center. Working in conjunction with Cisco Nexus switches, the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders offer a cost-effective and efficient way to support today’s Gigabit Ethernet environments while allowing easy migration to 10 Gigabit Ethernet, virtual machine-aware Cisco unified fabric technologies.
The Cisco Nexus 7000 F2-Series Module also delivers integrated FCoE, greatly simplifying the network infrastructure and reducing costs by enabling the deployment of unified data center fabrics to consolidate data center traffic onto a single, general-purpose, high-performance, highly available network. With the Cisco Nexus 7000 F2-Series Module, FCoE can be deployed in director-class modular platforms for the access and core of converged networks. In addition to FCoE host and target support, the module provides virtual expansion port (VE-port) support, allowing creation of FCoE Inter-Switch Links (ISLs) and enabling scalable, multi-hop FCoE topologies.
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra
is your global source for used and refurbished Cisco Routers and Switches!
|Product compatibility||Supported in all Cisco Nexus 7000 Series chassis|
|Software compatibility||Cisco NX-OS Software Release 6.0 or later (minimum requirement)|
|Front-panel LEDs||Status: Green (operational), red (faulty), or orange (module booting)|
• Link: Green (port enabled and connected), orange (port disabled), off (port enabled and not connected), or blinking green and orange in conjunction with ID LED blue (port flagged for identification; beacon)
• ID: Blue (operator has flagged this card for identification; beacon) or off (module not flagged)
|Programming interfaces||• XML|
• Scriptable command-line interface (CLI)
• Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) GUI
|Connectivity||48 ports of 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (SFP or SFP+ pluggable optic modules)|
|Maximum port density||• 768 ports of Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet for 18-slot chassis|
• 384 ports of Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet for 10-slot chassis
• 336 ports of Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet for 9-slot chassis
• 96 ports of Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet for 4-slot chassis
|Queues per port||Configurable template-based queuing modes:|
• Ingress (4q1t and 2q1t)
• Egress (1p3q1t, 2p2q1t, and 3p1q1t)
|VoQ buffer||72 MB per module|
|Scheduler||Deficit-Weighted Round-Robin (DWRR)|
|Jumbo frame support for bridged and routed packets||Up to 9216 bytes|
|Performance||720-mpps Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding capacity for both IPv4 and IPv6 packets|
|MAC address entries||16,384 per SoC, and up to 196,608 per module (depending on VLAN allocation)|
|VLAN||4096 simultaneous VLANs per virtual device context (VDC)|
|ACLs||16,384 per SoC, and up to 196,608 per module (depending on ACL type and interface configuration)|
|FCoE features||• T11 VF-, VN-, and VE-port for multi-hop FCoE|
• T11 FCoE Initialization Protocol (FIP)
• Fibre Channel Forwarder (FCF)
|Advanced FCoE features||• Virtual SANs (VSANs)|
• Inter-VSAN Routing (IVR)
• PortChannels (up to 16 links)
• SAN trunking
• Storage VDC
|Policers||1024 per SoC|
|Control Plane Policing (CPP)||Supported|
|Sampled NetFlow||Up to 256 programmable sampling rates|
|Switch fabric interface||550 Gbps in each direction (1.1 Tbps full duplex) distributed across up to five fabric modules|
|OIR||Online insertion and removal|
|IEEE Data Center Bridging (DCB)||• Priority-based flow control (PFC): IEEE P802.1Qbb|
• Enhanced transmission selection (ETS): IEEE P802.1Qaz
• Data Center Bridging Exchange (DCBX)
|Physical dimensions||• Occupies one I/O module slot in a Cisco Nexus 7000 Series chassis|
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.733 x 15.3 x 21.9 in. (4.4 x 38.9 x 55.6 cm)
• Weight: 14 lb (6.3 kg); 16 lb (7.2 kg) with transceivers
|Power consumption||Typical: 350W|
|Environmental conditions||• Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
• Operational relative humidity: 5 to 90%, noncondensing
• Storage temperature: -40F to 158°F (-40 to 70°C)
• Storage relative humidity: 5 to 95%, noncondensing
|Regulatory compliance||• EMC compliance|
• FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) (USA) Class A
• ICES-003 (Canada) Class A
• EN55022 (Europe) Class A
• CISPR22 (International) Class A
• AS/NZS CISPR22 (Australia and New Zealand) Class A
• VCCI (Japan) Class A
• KN22 (Korea) Class A
• CNS13438 (Taiwan) Class A
• EN300 386
|Environmental standards||• NEBS criteria levels|
• SR-3580 NEBS Level 3 (GR-63-CORE, issue 3, and GR-1089-CORE, issue 5)
• Verizon NEBS compliance
• Telecommunications Carrier Group (TCG) Checklist
• Qwest NEBS requirements
• Telecommunications Carrier Group (TCG) Checklist
• ATT NEBS requirements
• ATT TP76200 level 3 and TCG Checklist
• ETSI 300 019-2-1, Class 1.2 Storage
• ETSI 300 019-2-2, Class 2.3 Transportation
• ETSI 300 019-2-3, Class 3.2 Stationary Use
|Safety||• UL/CSA/IEC/EN 60950-1 Second Ed|
• AS/NZS 60950-1
provided Cisco Routers and Switches are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered numbered by Cisco
- Configured to exact user specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palletized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & paypal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.