Nexus 7000 Supervisor Module
Part #: Cisco Nexus 7000 SM
Price: Contact Us
Warranty: 90 Days
Nexus 7000 Supervisor Module
The Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches comprise a modular data center-class product line designed for highly scalable 10 Gigabit Ethernet networks with a fabric architecture that scales beyond 15 terabits per second (Tbps). Designed to meet the requirements of the most mission- critical data centers, it delivers continuous system operation and virtualized, pervasive services. The Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches is based on a proven operating system, with enhanced features to deliver real-time system upgrades with exceptional manageability and serviceability. Its innovative design is purpose built to support end-to-end data center connectivity, consolidating IP, storage, and interprocess communication (IPC) networks onto a single Ethernet fabric.
The Cisco Nexus 7000 Supervisor Module is designed to deliver scalable control plane and management functions for the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series chassis. It is based on a dual core processor that scales the control plane by harnessing the flexibility and power of the dual cores. The supervisors control the Layer 2 and 3 services, redundancy capabilities, configuration management, status monitoring, power and environmental management, and more. It provides centralized arbitration to the system fabric for all line cards. The fully distributed forwarding architecture allows the supervisor to support transparent upgrades to higher forwarding capacity- capable I/O and fabric modules. The supervisor incorporates an innovative dedicated connectivity management processor (CMP) to support remote management and troubleshooting of the complete system. Two supervisors are required for a fully redundant system, with one supervisor module running as the active device and the other in hot standby mode, providing exceptional high-availability features in data center-class products.
Features and Benefits
- Continuous system operation
- Active and standby supervisor
- Segmented and redundant out-of-band provisioning and management paths
- Virtualization of the management plane
- Integrated diagnostics and protocol decoding with an embedded control plane packet analyzer
- Upgradeable architecture
- Fully decoupled control plane and data plane with no hardware forwarding on the module
- Distributed forwarding architecture, allowing independent upgrades of the supervisor and fabric Unified Fabric ready
- Transparent upgrade capacity and capability; designed to support 40 Gigabit and 100 Gigabit Ethernet
- Superior operational efficiency
- System locator and beacon LEDs for simplified operations
- Dedicated out-of-band management processor for `lights out’ management
Supervisor Connectivity Management Processor (CMP)
The CMP provides a complete out-of-band management and monitoring capability independent from the primary operating system. The CMP enables `lights out’ remote monitoring and management of the supervisor module, all modules and the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series system without the need for separate terminal servers with the associated additional complexity and cost. The CMP delivers the remote control through its own dedicated processor, memory, and boot flash memory and a separate Ethernet management port. The CMP can reset all system components, including power supplies; it can also reset the host supervisor module to which it is attached, allowing a complete system restart.
Two supervisor modules are required in a Cisco Nexus 7000 system for high availability with active standby redundancy, where one supervisor module is operationally active, and the standby device serves as a hot backup. Out-of-band access to both supervisors is available from either CMP.
Advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting tools
Management of large-scale data center networks requires proactive management tools to verify connectivity and mechanisms for capturing and analyzing traffic. The Cisco Nexus 7000 Supervisor Module incorporates highly advanced analysis and debugging capabilities. The Power- On Self-Test (POST) and Cisco Generic Online Diagnostics (GOLD) provide proactive health monitoring both at startup and during system operation. The supervisor module uniquely provides a built-in packet capture and protocol decoding tool that allows analysis of control plane traffic to improve network planning, provide faster operation response times to events, and reduce operating costs.
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra
is your global source for used and refurbished Cisco Routers and Switches!
|Product compatibility||Cisco Nexus 7000 Switches|
|Software compatibility||Cisco NX-OS Software Release 4.0 or later (minimum)|
|Cards, ports and slots||Two supervisor modules required per system for high availability|
|Interfaces||• Supervisor management port: 10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet port, support for inline encryption through MAC security (IEEE 802.1AE)
• CMP management port: 10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet port
• Console serial port: RJ45 connector
• Auxiliary serial port: RJ45 connector
• 3 USB ports: 2 host and 1 device port for peripheral devices
|Memory||• DRAM: 4 GB
• Flash memory: 2 GB
• NVRAM: 2 Mb battery backup
|Options||• Removable storage; 2 external type II compact flash memory slots:
• Log (8 GB)
• Expansion (2 GB)
|Reliability and availability||Online insertion and removal (OIR)|
|MIBs||Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Versions 3, 2c and 1 supported; see Cisco NX-OS Software release notes for details of specific MIB support|
|Network management||• Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) 4.0
• Cisco VFrame Data Center 1.2
|Programming interfaces||• Extensible Markup Language (XML)
• Scriptable command-line interface (CLI)
• Cisco DCNM 4.0 Web Services
|Physical specifications||• Occupies one supervisor slot in a Cisco Nexus 7000 Series chassis
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.2 x 15.3 x 21.9 in. (3.0 x 38.9 x 55.6 cm)
• Weight: 10 lb (4.5 kg)
|Environmental conditions||• Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
• Operational relative humidity: 5 to 90%, noncondensing
• Storage temperature: -40 to 158°F (-40 to 70°C)
• Storage relative humidity: 5 to 95%, noncondensing
|Regulatory compliance||• EMC compliance
• FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) (USA) Class A
|Safety||• UL/CSA/IEC/EN 60950-1
• AS/NZS 60950
provided Cisco Routers and Switches are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered numbered by Cisco
- Configured to exact user specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palletized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & paypal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.