Used IBM XIV Storage System
Part #: XIV Storage System
Price: Contact Us
Warranty: 90 Days
Need Maintenance & Support On This Equipment?
We offer a full range of maintenance and support on IBM storage systems. Find out more about our maintenance services.
Used IBM XIV Storage System
- The used IBM XIV Storage Array is a revolutionary, proven, high-end disk storage system designed for extreme ease of use and operational agility
- Consistent high performance without hotspots, along with massive parallelism, enabled by grid architecture
- Virtualized storage for optimized cloud and virtual environments
- High reliability and availability via full redundancy, self healing and unprecedented rebuild speed
- Low TCO due to aggregate benefits including high-density drives, simplified planning, low-touch management and cost-free features
The used IBM® XIV® Storage System is high-end disk storage that supports the need for high performance, reliability and flexibility while helping keep costs and complexity to a minimum. Efficient by design and born optimized to simplify storage, the XIV Storage System exemplifies IBM Smarter Storage for Smarter Computing, empowering thousands of organizations worldwide to take control of their storage and gain business insights from their data. Designed for consistent Tier 1 performance and five-nines availability, XIV storage offers low total cost of ownership (TCO) and addresses even the most demanding and diverse workloads. Never compromising performance for reliability, the XIV grid architecture delivers massive parallelism—resulting in uniform allocation of system resources at all times. A recognized leader in storage manageability, XIV storage sets a new standard for ease of use by automating most tasks and providing an extraordinarily intuitive user interface. This interface is accompanied by an equally rich and comprehensive command line interface (CLI) for tailoring the system to user requirements.
IBM unleashes the power of enterprise cloud computing with XIV storage and its leading combination of high performance, low TCO and easy scaling:
- Online volume mobility between XIV systems, using IBM Hyper-Scale technologies, brings dramatic operational flexibility to the data center and cloud computing with no disruption to applications.
- Facilitates aggressive thin provisioning, array rollover and retirement, and easier workload balancing across multiple XIV arrays
- Support for OpenStack, Grizzly version, including latest features, extends orchestrated management of cloud environments.
- Support for 4 TB disk drives increases maximum usable capacity by 33 percent over 3 TB drives, to 325 TB per system, contributing to space and energy efficiencies.
- SPC-1 benchmarking shows XIV storage has outstanding price-performance for online transaction processing (OLTP) and other random workload applications.
- On-the-go monitoring on Android devices extends handy XIV remote monitoring to even more users, complementing existing iOS support (Apple iPhone and iPad).
- Host connectivity benchmarking via the XIV host attachment kit and support for VMware vCenter Operations Manager (vCOPS) empowers clients with proactive host health management.
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra is your global source for used and refurbished IBM storage systems!
|Capacity per drive (7.2k rpm)||1 TB, 2 TB, 3 TB or 4 TB|
|Number of disk drives (min/max)||72/180|
|Maximum number of CPUs||15 Intel Xeon Processor E5645|
|Maximum number of CPU cores||90 physical (180 logical cores with Intel Hyper-Threading technology)|
|Maximum memory||1 TB/2 TB/3 TB drive-based: up to 360 GB (24 GB of memory per module)|
4 TB drive -based: up to 720 GB (48 GB of memory per module)
|Maximum cache-to-disk bandwidth||480 Gbps|
|SSD caching||Up to 6.0 TB|
|Maximum number of ports—Fibre Channel||24 (8 Gbps ports)|
|Maximum number of ports—iSCSI over gigabit Ethernet||22 (1 Gbps ports) or 12 (10 Gbps ports)|
|Temperature||10°C – 35°C (50°F – 95°F)|
|Altitude (max)||2,134 m/7,000 ft|
|Humidity||25% – 80% noncondensing|
|Dimensions (height × width × depth)||202 cm × 66 cm × 120 cm (79.53 in. × 25.98 in. × 47.24 in.)|
|Maximum weight||1,041.5 kg (2,296 lb)|
|Clearance front/rear||120 cm/120 cm (47.24 in./47.24 in.)|
|Redundant power feed||Yes|
|Input voltage||180 – 264 V ac at 60 A or 30 A (±10%)|
|Power usage||See power usage table below|
|Fibre Channel rates||8 Gbps|
|iSCSI rates||1 Gbps or 10 Gbps|
|Number of modules||Number of disks||Usable capacity (TB, decimal)|
1 TB*/2 TB/3 TB/4 TB
|Fibre Channel ports 8 Gbps||iSCSI ports 1 or 10 Gbps|
|6||72||28/55/84/112||8||6 or 4|
|9||108||44/88/132/177||16||14 or 8|
|10||120||51/102/154/207||16||14 or 8|
|11||132||56/111/168/225||20||18 or 10|
|12||144||63/125/190/254||20||18 or 10|
|13||156||67/134/203/272||24||22 or 12|
|14||168||75/149/225/301||24||22 or 12|
|15||180||80/161/243/325||24||22 or 12|
|Number of modules||Number of disks||Number of CPUs||XIV memory (GB)|
24 GB per module/
48 GB per module
|SSD (TB) (optional)|
|Number of modules||Number of disks||1 TB*/2 TB/3 TB/4 TB kVA||With optional SSD|
1 TB*/2 TB/3 TB/4 TB
All Spectra provided IBM Storage products are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered numbered by IBM
- Configured to exact user specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palletized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & paypal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.