IBM BladeCenter HX5 Intel Xeon Blade Server
Part #: IBM HX5
Price: Contact Us
Warranty: 90 Days
IBM BladeCenter HX5 Intel Xeon Blade Server
- The IBM HX5 Xeon Blade Servers provides optimal performance for your demanding virtualization and database applications
- Reduce qualification time by standardizing on same system for two- and four-socket server needs
- Scale memory without adding CPUs or software licenses
- Get faster time to value by deploying workload-optimized systems
Going beyond the industry standards with unique innovations from fifth-generation IBM® X-Architecture® technology (eX5), the new IBM BladeCenter® HX5 enables unprecedented performance and utilization in a blade form factor for database and virtualization. With enhanced MAX5 scalability, the HX5 blade offers memory capacity of up to 1.25 TB—in a double-wide blade. The result is optimal server utilization with more virtual machines per system and larger and faster databases.
With MAX5, HX5 offers the most memory of any server in its class. Reduce software license costs by expanding memory capacity with MAX5 without purchasing additional processors.
Easy to own, manage and upgrade with pay-as-you-grow expansion, the HX5 blade server helps protect your investments over the long term. Capabilities such as advanced light path diagnostics, error handling and around-the-clock remote access management help simplify systems management and minimize downtime. Automatic node failover and QPI faildown help promote greater system uptime.
- Built on the latest IBM® X-Architecture® technology with fifth-generation eX5 innovation
- Modular design, enabling standardization on same platform for 2- and 4-socket server needs to deliver faster time to value
- Greater memory capacity, enabling more or larger VMs per server
- Enhanced computing capacity facilitates more transactions per minute in a blade
- Optional memory expansion separates memory capacity from processors, enabling full utilization of license-constrained, memory-rich applications
- High-density, high-utilization computing allows superior price performance as well as performance per watt
- Flexible node partitioning and pay-as-you-grow expansion offer great investment protection
- Mainframe-inspired reliability and automatic node failover for optimal system uptime
- Remote management from a single graphical console with IBM Systems Director
- Flexible systems that can be independently scaled for processor and memory
- Compute capacity of up to 20 processor cores in little more than .5U space
- Up to two Intel Xeon E7-8800, E7-2800 or E7-4800 series processors. Scalable to four processors in a double-wide form factor
- Up to 512 GB of memory with 16 VLP DDR3 DIMMs per single-wide 2-socket node; up to 1.0 TB in double-wide 4-socket configuration
- Scalable MAX5 memory expansion module for up to 1.25 TB capacity in a double-wide form factor
- Supports 95 W, 105 W and 130 W CPU skews in 2-socket and 4-socket configurations
- Partition a 4-processor blade to two 2-processor blades without physical reconfiguration
- 1 CFFh slot (high-speed PCIe daughter card) and 1 CIOv slot (standard PCIe daughter card) per 2-socket node
- Optional embedded hypervisor
- Support for up to two 1.8-inch solid-state drives per 2-socket node
- Integrated Virtual Fabric adapter in select models
- HX5 4-socket configuration:
- You can order an HX5 4-socket configuration via the “Build your own” section
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra
is your global source for used and refurbished IBM Server systems!
|Form factor/height||Singlewide (30 mm) – double-wide (60 mm)|
|Processor (max)||Intel Xeon E7-8800, E7-4800 and E7-2800 processors; 6/8/10 cores, up to 2.67 GHz
Up to 2 processors per single-wide HX5; scalable to 4 processors
|Number of processors (std/max)||1/2 (scalable to 4)|
|Cache (max)||Up to 30 MB per processor (10 core)|
|Memory (max)||16 DDR-3 VLP DIMM slots, capacity up to 512 GB, per single-wide HX5, 1.0 TB for a 4-socket HX5 configuration, and 1.25 TB for an HX5 + MAX5 configuration|
1 CIOv slot (standard PCIe daughter card) and 1 CFFh slot (high-speed PCIe daughter card) for total of 8 ports of I/O to each blade, including 4 ports of high-speed I/O
Scalable up to 16 ports of I/O in 4-socket, double-wide form factor
|Disk bays (total/hot swap)||Two non-hot-swap bays supporting solid-state drives per single-wide HX5|
|Maximum internal storage||Up to 800 GB of solid-state storage per single-wide HX5 (with 400 GB SSDs)|
|Network interface||Broadcom 5709S onboard NIC with dual Gigabit Ethernet ports with TOE|
|RAID support||Optional RAID-0, -1, -1E|
|Systems management||Integrated systems management processor|
|Operating systems supported||Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, VMware|
provided IBM Server products are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered numbered by IBM
- Configured to exact user specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palletized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & paypal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.