Dell EMC PowerEdge R840 Server
MFR: Dell EMC
Warranty: Up to 3 Years
Used Dell EMC PowerEdge R840 Server
The PowerEdge R840 accelerates business insights and delivers unprecedented performance density for your in-database analytics. Deliver consistent results for demanding applications with powerful, four-socket performance and large memory. Even as your workloads become more complex, OpenManage™ Enterprise simplifies management of your IT infrastructure so you can focus on your business objectives. Integrated security and proven reliability helps ensure maximum uptime in your enterprise data center.
The R840 offers versatile resources that allow you to meet changing business demands. Maximize performance and minimize latency with direct-attached NVMe drives.
- Boost performance with up to four Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and up to 112 processing cores
- Address large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (12 of which can be NVDIMMs) and up to 6TB of memory
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5” HDDs/SSDs (up to 24 NVME drives)
- Accelerate applications with two doublewide GPUs or two FPGAs
- Speed data transfers with fully integrated ultra path interconnects (UPIs)
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra is your global source for used and refurbished Dell EMC Server systems.
|Up to four Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores each|
|48 DDR4 DIMM slots, Supports RDIMM /LRDIMM, up to 2666MT/s, 6TB max
Up to 12 NVDIMMs, 384GB Max
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
|Storage Controllers||Internal Controllers: PERC H730P, H740P, H330 Software RAID (SWRAID) S140
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem: HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB or 240 GB
External PERC (RAID): H840
12Gbps SAS HBAs (non-RAID): External-12Gbps SAS HBA (non-RAID), Internal- HBA330 (non-RAID)
|Drive Bays||Front drive bays: Up to 8x 2.5” SAS SATA (HDDs/SSDs) max 30TB, or up to 24 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDDs/SSDs) with up to 12
NVMe PCIe SSDs max 122TB, or up to 24 NVMe PCIe SSDs max 153TB
Rear drive bays: Up to 2 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDDs/SSDs), max 7.68TB
|Network Daughter Card Options
4 x 1GE, 4 x 10GE, 2 x 10GE+2 x 1GE, or 2 x 25GE
Front ports: Video, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 dedicated IDRAC Direct
Micro-USB. (Optional 1 x USB 3.0 only offered on the 8-drive configuration).
|Form Factor||Rack (2U)|
|OS Support||Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
All Spectra provided Dell server products are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered numbered by Dell
- Configured to exact user specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palletized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & paypal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.