Used Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 Server
Manufacturer: Dell EMC
Part #: PowerEdge R740
Price: Contact Us
Warranty: 90 Days
Used Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 Server
The PowerEdge R740 was designed to accelerate application performance leveraging accelerator cards and storage scalability. The 2-socket, 2U platform has the optimum balance of resources to power the most demanding environments.
Maximize your application performance with the PowerEdge R740 server, which brings you the perfect balance of accelerator cards, storage and compute resources in a 2U, 2-socket platform. With up to three 300W accelerator cards or six 150W cards, the R740 has the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the optimum platform for VDI deployments. The R740 offers up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” drives and iDRAC9, so you can scale to meet demands and simplify the entire IT lifecycle.
- Simplify and accelerate VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors.
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra is your global source for used and refurbished Dell EMC Server systems.
|Up to two Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor|
|24 DDR4 DIMM slots, Supports RDIMM /LRDIMM, speeds up to 2666MT/s, 3TB max
Up to 12 NVDIMM, 192 GB Max
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
|Storage Controllers||Internal controllers: PERC H330, H730p, H740p, Software RAID (SWRAID) S140
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem: HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB, 240 GB
External PERC (RAID): H840
12Gbps SAS HBAs (non-RAID): External- 12 Gbps SAS HBA (non-RAID), Internal- HBA330 (non-RAID)
|Drive Bays||Front drive bays: Up to 16 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD) max 61TB or up to 8 x 3.5” SAS/SATA HDD max 96TB
Optional DVD-ROM, DVD+RW
|Network daughter card options
4 x 1GE or 2 x 10GE + 2 x 1GE or 4 x 10GE or 2 x 25GE
Front ports: Video, 2 x USB 2.0, available USB 3.0, dedicated IDRAC Direct Micro-USB
Rear ports: Video, serial, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated iDRAC network port
Video card: VGA
Riser options with up to 8 PCIe Gen 3 slots, maximum of 4 x 16 slots
|Form Factor||Rack (2U)|
|OS Support||Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
All Spectra provided Dell server products are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered numbered by Dell
- Configured to exact user specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palletized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & paypal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.