Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director
Part #: Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director
Price: Contact Us
Warranty: 90 Days
Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director
The Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director is a director-class SAN switch designed for deployment in large-scale storage networks to enable enterprise clouds and business transformation. Layering a comprehensive set of intelligent features onto a high-performance, protocol-independent switch fabric, the Cisco MDS 9710 addresses the stringent requirements of large virtualized data center storage environments: uncompromising high availability, security, scalability, ease of management, and transparent integration of new technologies for extremely flexible data center SAN solutions. Sharing the same operating system and management interface with other Cisco data center switches, the Cisco MDS 9710 enables seamless deployment of unified fabrics with high-performance Fibre Channel, IBM Fibre Connectivity (FICON), and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) connectivity to achieve low total cost of ownership (TCO).
The Cisco MDS 9710 offers the following main features:
- Outstanding SAN performance: The combination of the 16-Gbps Fibre Channel switching module and the Fabric-1 crossbar switching modules enables up to 1.5 Tbps of front-panel Fibre Channel throughput between modules in each direction for each of the eight Cisco MDS 9710 payload slots. This per-slot bandwidth is twice the bandwidth needed to support a 48-port 16-Gbps Fibre Channel module at full line rate. Cisco MDS 9710 architecture, based on central arbitration and crossbar fabric, provides 16-Gbps line-rate, nonblocking, predictable performance across all traffic conditions for every port in the chassis.
- High availability: The Cisco MDS 9710 provides outstanding availability and reliability. The Cisco MDS 9710 is the industry’s first director-class switch to enable redundancy on all major components, including the fabric card. It provides grid redundancy on the power supply and 1+1 redundant supervisors. Users can add additional fabric card to enable N+1 fabric redundancy. The Cisco MDS 9710 combines nondisruptive software upgrades, stateful process restart and failover, and full redundancy of all major components for best-in-class availability.
- Industry-leading scalability: With up to 24 terabits per second (Tbps) of Fibre Channel system bandwidth and 384 2/4/8-Gbps, 4/8/16-Gbps or 10-Gbps full line-rate autosensing Fibre Channel ports in a single chassis or up to 1152 Fibre Channel ports in a single rack, the Cisco MDS 9710 leads the industry in scalability and is designed to meet the requirements of the largest data center storage environments.
- 2/4/8-Gbps, 4/8/16-Gbps, 10-Gbps Fibre Channel and 10 Gigabit Ethernet: The Cisco MDS 9710 supports 2/4/8/16-Gbps and 10 Gbps ports on the Cisco MDS 9700 48-Port 16-Gbps Fibre Channel Switching Module for deployment in both open systems and FICON environments. The Cisco MDS 9710 also supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet clocked optics carrying Fibre Channel traffic.
- FICON: The Cisco MDS 9710 is mainframeready, with full support for IBM System z FICON and Linux environments.
- Multihop FCoE: The Cisco MDS 9710 supports multihop FCoE, extending connectivity from FCoE and Fibre Channel fabrics to FCoE and Fibre Channel storage devices.
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra is your global source for used and refurbished Cisco Routers and Switches!
|Part Number||Product Description|
|DS-C9710||MDS 9710 Chassis, No Power Supplies, Fans Included|
|DS-X97-SF1-K9||MDS 9700 Series Supervisor-1|
|DS-X9710-FAB1||MDS 9710 Crossbar Switching Fabric-1 Module|
|DS-CAC97-3KW||MDS 9700 3000W AC power supply|
|DS-CDC97-3KW||MDS 9700 3000W DC power supply|
|DS-X9448-768K9||48-Port 16-Gbps Fibre Channel Switching Module|
|DS-C9710-1K9||MDS 9710 Base Config: Chassis, 2 Sup-1, 3 Fabric-1, 6 3K AC|
|DS-C9710-1EK9||MDS 9710 Enhanced Config: Chassis, 2 Sup-1, 6 Fabric-1, 8 3K AC|
|DS-C9710-4BSK9||MDS 9710 Bundle Config Chassis Sup-1 3 Fab-1 3 PS AC 3K 4 Modules 16G SFP+ Licenses Enterprise|
|DS-C9710-4B8K9||MDS 9710 Bundle Config Chassis Sup-1 3 Fab-1 3 PS AC 3K 4 Modules 8G SFP+ Licenses Licenses Enterprise|
|DS-SFP-FC16G-SW||16 Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC16G-LW||16 Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC10G-SW||10 Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC10G-LW||10 Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC8G-SW||8 Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC8G-LW||8 Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC8G-ER||8 Gbps Fibre Channel Extended Reach SFP+, LC|
|SFP-10G-SR||10GBASE-SR SFP Module|
|SFP-10G-LR||10GBASE-LR SFP Module|
|SFP-10G-ER||10GBASE-ER SFP Module|
|DS-C9710=||MDS 9710 Chassis, Spare, No Power Supplies, Fans Included|
|DS-X97-SF1-K9=||MDS 9700 Series Supervisor-1|
|DS-X9710-FAB1=||MDS 9710 Crossbar Switching Fabric-1 Module|
|DS-CAC97-3KW=||MDS 9700 3000W AC power supply|
|DS-CDC97-3KW=||MDS 9700 3000W DC power supply|
|DS-C9710-FAN=||MDS 9710 FAN Tray|
|DS-X9448-768K9=||48-Port 16-Gbps Fibre Channel Switching Module|
|DS-X9448768B8K9=||MDS 9700 48-port 16Gbps FC Module + 48 8-Gbps SW SFP+, Spare|
|DS-X9448768BSK9=||MDS 9700 48-port 16Gbps FC Module + 48 16-Gbps SW SFP+, Spare|
|DS-SFP-FC16G-SW=||16 Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC16G-LW=||16 Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC10G-SW=||10 Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC10G-LW=||10 Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC8G-SW=||8 Gbps Fibre Channel SW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC8G-LW=||8 Gbps Fibre Channel LW SFP+, LC|
|DS-SFP-FC8G-ER=||8 Gbps Fibre Channel Extended Reach SFP+, LC|
|Chassis slot configuration||• Line-card slots: 8|
• Supervisor slots: 2
• Crossbar switching fabric slots: 6
• Fan trays: 3 fan trays at the back of the chassis
• Power supply bays: 8
|Switching capability per fabric||Number of Fabric Cards||Front Panel Fibre Channel Bandwidth per Slot||FCoE Bandwidth per Slot|
|1||256 Gbps||220 Gbps|
|2||512 Gbps||440 Gbps|
|3||768 Gbps||660 Gbps|
|4||1024 Gbps||880 Gbps|
|5||1280 Gbps||1100 Gbps|
|6||1536 Gbps||1320 Gbps|
|Performance and scalability||• Up to 24-Tbps front-panel Fibre Channel switching bandwidth and 21Tbps of FCoE bandwidth|
• Supported Fibre Channel port speeds
• 2/4/8-Gbps autosensing; optionally configurable
• 4/8/16-Gbps autosensing; optionally configurable
• 10-Gbps Fibre channel
• Buffer credits: 48-port line-rate 16-Gbps advanced Fibre Channel modules:
• Up to 500 per port (dedicated-mode ports) standard
• Up to 4095 on an individual port (dedicated-mode ports with optional Cisco MDS 9700 Enterprise Package license activated)
• Ports per chassis
• Up to 384 2/4/8-Gbps, 4/8/16-,Gbps or 10-Gbps Fibre Channel ports
• Ports per rack
• Up to 1152 2/4/8-Gbps, 4/8/16-Gbps, or 10-Gbps Fibre Channel ports
• PortChannel: Up to 16 ports (the channel can span any speed-matched port on any module in the chassis)
|Fabric Services||• Name server|
• Registered State Change Notification (RSCN)
• Login services
• Fabric Configuration Server (FCS)
• In-order delivery
|Advanced Functionality||• VSAN|
• PortChannel with multipath load balancing
• QoS-flow-based, zone-based
• N_Port ID virtualization
All Spectra provided Cisco Routers and Switches are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered numbered by Cisco
- Configured to exact user specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palletized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & paypal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.