BR-VDX8770-48X1G-SFP-1 Expanion Module
Part #: Brocade VDX8770-48X1G-SFP-1
Price: Contact Us
Warranty: 90 Days
BR-VDX8770-48X1G-SFP-1 Expanion Module
The Brocade VDX8770-48X1G-SFP-1 Expanion Module Switch is a highly scalable, low-latency, 1/10/40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) modular switch. Designed to easily scale out Brocade VCS fabrics, the Brocade VDX 8770 Switch brings new levels of performance to VCS fabric deployments. The Brocade VDX 8770 is designed with advanced capabilities, including 100 GbE and hardware-enhanced SDN support, to support data center networking a decade or more into the future.
Designed to scale out Brocade VCS fabrics, the 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE)-ready Brocade VDX 8770 Switch supports complex, highly dynamic environments with dense virtualization and extensive automation requirements. The Brocade VDX 8770 is a highly scalable, low-latency 1/10/40 GbE modular switch, available in both 8U four-slot and 15U eight-slot versions.
The Brocade VDX 8770 supports the most demanding data center networking needs. Highlights include:
- Simplifies network architectures and enables elastic cloud networking with Brocade VCS Fabric technology
- Delivers 40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) wire-speed switching with auto-trunking Inter-Switch Links (ISLs) for non-disruptive scaling and increased bandwidth utilization
- Enables easy scale-out of Brocade VCS fabrics with massive Layer 2 domains and direct connections for more than 8000 server ports per fabric
- Provides load-balanced multipathing at Layers 1, 2, and 3, with multiple Layer 3 gateways
- Simplifies Virtual Machine (VM) mobility and management with automated, dynamic port profile configuration and migration
- Provides scale-out performance and investment protection via a 100 GbE-ready, 4 Tbps line-rate backplane design while delivering exceptional application response times with 4-microsecond latency
- Provides hardware-enabled support for Software-Defined Networking (SDN)implementations across data, control, and management planes
Brocade VCS fabrics provide considerable elasticity, compared to both traditional Ethernet networks and competitive Ethernet fabric solutions. With Brocade, organizations can start with small VCS fabrics and scale out the fabric as their needs dictate.
The Brocade VDX 8770 can be used to build a wide range of VCS fabrics, including:
- Smaller-scale VCS fabrics: Can collapse access and aggregation tiers using the Brocade VDX 8770 as a port-dense middle-of-row/end-of-row access switch
- Medium-scale VCS fabric configurations: Can utilize the Brocade VDX 8770 as a spine switch in combination with Brocade VDX 6710, 6720, and 6730 leaf switches
- Large and very large VCS fabrics: Can use the Brocade VDX 8770 homogeneously as both leaf and spine switches
DESIGNED FOR THE MOST DEMANDING DATA CENTER NETWORKS
The Brocade VDX 8770 is a high-performance Ethernet fabric switch that meets the most demanding data center networking needs. Key platform features include:
- Support for more than 8000 ports in a single VCS fabric, with efficient multipathing at Layers 1-3, enabling the switch to serve extremely large-scale deployments with the best-possible network utilization
- Support for 1, 10, and 40 GbE to satisfy current needs, with 100 GbE readiness to support future bandwidth requirements and technology
- 4 Tbps per slot line-rate design for substantial capacity and headroom
- 4-microsecond latency to assure rapid response for latency-sensitive applications
- Support for up to 384,000 MAC addresses per fabric for extensive virtualization scalability
- Hardware-enabled to flexibly support emerging Software-Defined Networking (SDN) protocols such as OpenFlow, VXLAN/NVGRE, and others. RESTful APIs provide openness to emerging management frameworks such as OpenStack.
ETHERNET STORAGE CONNECTIVITY
The Brocade VDX 8770 connects to FCoE, iSCSI, and NAS storage. The FCoE feature can be turned on with an add-on software license.
For quickest response, please complete the buy/sell form at the top of the page.
Since 1982, Spectra
is your global source for used and refurbished Brocade switches!
|Connector options||1 GbE copper SFP options
10 Gbps SFP+ options: 1/3/5 m direct-attached copper (Twinax)
10 GbE SR and 10 GbE LR
40 GbE QSFP
|Maximum MAC addresses||384,000|
|Maximum IPv4 routes||352,000|
|Maximum IPv6 routes||88,000|
|Maximum port profiles (AMPP)||256|
|Maximum ARP entries||128,000|
|Maximum members in a standard LAG||128|
|Maximum switches in a VCS fabric||24|
|Maximum ECMP paths in a VCS fabric||8|
|Maximum trunk members for VCS fabric ports||8|
|Maximum switches across which a vLAG can span||4|
|Maximum members in a vLAG||32|
|Maximum jumbo frame size||9208 bytes|
|DCB Priority Flow Control (PFC) classes||8|
|Brocade VDX 8770 Modules and Line Cards|
|Management Module (half-slot)||
|Gigabit Ethernet access (fiber/copper) line card||
|10 GbE access or aggregation line card||
|40 GbE aggregation line card||
|Operating system||Brocade Network OS|
|Layer 2 switching features||
|Brocade VCS Fabric technology features||
|Quality of Service (QoS)||
|Switch health monitoring||
|Management and control||
|Enclosure||19-inch EIA-compliant; power from port side|
|Temperature||Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-operating and storage: -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
|Humidity||Operating: 10% to 85% non-condensing
Non-operating and storage: 10% to 90% non-condensing
|Altitude||Operating: Up to 3000 meters (9842 feet)
Non-operating and storage: Up to 12 kilometers (39,370 feet)
|Max Power Utilization||Brocade VDX 8770-4: 2872 W
Brocade VDX 8770-8: 5644 W
|Input voltage||200-240 VAC (Operating voltage range: 180-264 VAC)|
|Input line frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Maximum current||AC: 16.0 A max per power supply;
DC: 70.0 A max per power supply
|Environmental Regulatory Compliance|
The Brocade VDX 8770 products conform to the following Ethernet standards:
The following draft versions of the Data Center Bridging (DCB) and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) standards are also supported on the Brocade VDX 8770:
provided Brocade Switches are put through a rigorous refurbishment, reconditioning and testing process.
We guarantee our products to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered numbered by Brocade
- Configured to exact user specifications
- Fully refurbished to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- All hard drives are 72 hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group
- Provided with 90 day warranty
- Shipped in a timely manner
Shipping Information and Payment Options
All of our products are professionally packed and fully insured to avoid any damage in transit.
Spectra offers several shipping options to accommodate every need:
From Ground to Overnite to palletized freight, we have excellent vendors that will handle your shipment in a professional, cost-effective and timely manner.
Spectra accepts bank wire, ACH, company check, & paypal.
We welcome ALL major credit cards with no surcharge to our customers.