IBM POWER Servers
SPECTRA buys and sells used / refurbished IBM Power 8 and Power 7+ Servers. We carry a full line of complete Power Servers and parts, for Power 6, Power 7 and Power 8 AIX systems, and System I (iseries, AS/400) machines. We guarantee our systems for a minimum of 90 days, with live tech support available on most models. All POWER Servers sold are guaranteed to be:
- Original equipment manufactured and serial numbered by IBM
- Configured to exact User specifications
- Fully refurbished / reconditioned to manufacturers standards of new [ETN]
- Lab tested, 72 Hour burn in/Load Tested
- Complete with manufacturers ship group (I/F Cables, Power Cords, Manuals etc)
- Provided with 90 Day warranty
IBM Power 8 processors began shipping Oct. 2014, designed to compete with Intel’s X86 architecture. It is the latest and greatest from IBM. The IBM POWER7+ processor serves up new and unique innovations to continue the leadership performance that now serves as the industry standard.
IBM formerly had 2 midrange hardware lines: Servers from the AS/400 family, and the POWER-based servers from the RS/6000 family running AIX and Linux. In 2008, IBM merged the two lines of servers under “Power Systems”, with identical hardware and a choice of operating systems. In 2010, IBM announced new models with the new POWER7 microprocessor.
If you can’t find the IBM equipment you need, please contact us to determine current availability.